Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Sits in a dark doorway..

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    rattling an old tin cup at passersby...

    I need money to pay for a new exhaust system for my bike...*sobs*...Broke it good..

    Snapped 3 of the header pipes off at the muffler and its gonna cost me $1500 to get a new exhaust.. frown

    Spare some change??... frown

    ------------------
    Listen!
    I can hear them saying now:
    "Be careful of what you wish for."
    If only I had listened.
    But how was I to know?
    Death Defying

  2. #2
    HB Forum Owner Myra's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2000
    Posts
    2,554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    ooooooooooooooooooh son of a......... *shudders at the cost and tosses in $5*

    ------------------
    If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone.

  3. #3
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *sits down with a cup next to Lady, and holds out a cup*

    I blew my rear wheel bearings and need to replace the bearings, center spacer, and hub. Probably gonna be about 300 bucks, spare some change?!

    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

  4. #4
    HB Forum Owner Myra's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2000
    Posts
    2,554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Do the bearings yourself......save some cash.* Tosses a dollar. *

    ------------------
    If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone.

  5. #5
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Unhappy

    Paid for it out of my savings..Poor Beemer is just sitting there outside the window in pieces with half its guts sitting on the ground... frown

    To add insult to injury..we also need to do the front fork seals again..Bastids at the shop suppose to have fixed them both 3 months ago and they still leak.. mad

    ------------------
    Listen!
    I can hear them saying now:
    "Be careful of what you wish for."
    If only I had listened.
    But how was I to know?
    Death Defying

  6. #6
    Inactive Member The Universe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 16th, 2001
    Posts
    37
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    They tried to fix them and didn't eh?
    Could it be that you might have some burs on your fork, causing it to tear the seals just enough to have them leak?
    Might want to have that checked out...

    ------------------
    You feel so good inside me, please stay!

    [This message has been edited by The Universe (edited January 14, 2002).]

  7. #7
    Senior Hostboard Member Hannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,688
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am doing the bearings myself...
    it's gonna be about 300 for parts...


    ------------------
    As miserable as life may be I hold it pretty precious...

    If I lose the light of the sun, I will write by candlelight, moonlight, no light. If I lose paper and ink, I wil write in blood on forgotten walls. I will write always, I will capture nights all over the world and bring them to you.
    Word And Voice
    Motocross Fanatics
    General Philosophy

  8. #8
    HB Forum Owner The Lady Belle's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 4th, 2000
    Posts
    2,933
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I find my Beemer more expensive to fix than my 4x4..Oh well...

    ------------------
    Listen!
    I can hear them saying now:
    "Be careful of what you wish for."
    If only I had listened.
    But how was I to know?
    Death Defying

  9. #9
    HB Forum Owner Myra's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 14th, 2000
    Posts
    2,554
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cripes Belle... you know if the shop did the forks 3 months ago I'd be pickin up the phone and having a lil shit fit..... Regardless of if there are Burrs there that should all be cleaned up when they redo them, Its their fault and the should fix it. It snowed.... I cant drive my car.... -sighs-

    ------------------
    If you ever drop your keys into a river of molten lava, let'em go, because, man, they're gone.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member juliet smiles's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 11th, 2000
    Posts
    803
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    anymore its so damn expensive to fix anything...

    ------------------
    Of course I don't look busy... I did it right the first time

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •